What's New

My Brand New Sentimentally Yours 2017 Xmas Stencils are now available at www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk!

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Tall Easel Card from yesterdays TV show...

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, I need to start by saying a huge Thank You to you all for all your support (and purchases!) from my first ever shows on Create & Craft yesterday with Creative Expressions and my Sentimentally Yours Stamps..
I was so relieved that you all loved the shows and my stamps!

Now, I've had sooooo many of you ask me for the dimensions for the tall Easel Card I did as my first demo, so the easiest way to tell you all is on here :-)

It's really simple, but looks quite amazing once it's all assembled :-)

Here's the photo of the card....

This is what I used..
2 A4 Sheets of Purple Card
3 A4 Sheets of Cream Card
Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals
Spellbinders Gold Labels 4
Seedless Preserves Distress Ink
Spellbinders Blooms 4
Spellbinders Scalloped Borders 2
Spellbinders Butterfly Corner

I won't rattle on about how I've used everything as you can see how I put the card together from the photo, but the size of the card is what you need, so..
Trim 2 pieces of cream A4 card to 14.5cm along the long side, so you end up with two long 14.5cm strips.
Score both pieces at 21cm, then crease.
Glue one of the flaps to the inside of the second piece of card, making sure that the flap on the second piece of card is at the bottom (so it's not stuck!)
Then, decorate as you wish.
To give the card some rigidity on the inside, I used a piece of purple card, then a piece of cream card with a scalloped edge on both sides, then stamped one of my Birthday verses onto it and stuck in all in.
TOP TIP - If you use Cosmic Shimmer acrylic glue, it makes the card a little stiffer, which is what you need for the inside of this card.
PS - This card folds and fits into a standard C5 envelope :-)

Glad You like it!
Make sure you show me what you come up with when you make you're own, .. send your photos to my Facebook Page 

Happy Crafting!




13 comments:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful Phill,thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Gorgeous Phill. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Phill, how pleased am I, I had frantically tried to draw what the card looked like (can't record the shows cos I watch in internet from Ireland) and can I please ask that you put up a photo of the inside as I remember thinking it was the purple card that was cut and then seeing, it was the cream. Totally love this card, and delighted your shows were such a success - I really like your range of stamps, can't wait to see what comes next. Have a fab day. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card which I will have a go at. Thank you for sharing and well done with the tv shows and your stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phill, can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed your demos-though missed the afternoon ones and will have to watch on laptop! This card is really elegant and I'm going to give it a go with different colours. (and dies, come to that!) It will be inspired by Phill!
    Looking forward to your regular demos for Creative Expressions!
    Thank you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi phill really enjoyed the shows your stamps are beautiful and the cards you made we're beautiful so glad you have joined the lovely ladies sue x Julia x and the lovely Kim congratulations phill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Phill
    Just had to join your bloggers to say how much I enjoyed your shows on C&C - although I have only just finished watching on my laptop - have to work!!
    Your demos were magical and very inspirational - loved this particular card and also the Butterfly Field with the gilding flakes. My craft room is being built - so nowhere to put any crafty stash - but I will be on your website asap as soon as I can... lots of items on My Need List!
    Great that you have joined the fab Sue & Julia - look forward to seeing you more on tv. Wish I lived nearer to Nottingham!!!
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Phill
    Really beautiful card thank you for the instructions, you make it sound so easy, we shall see! Delighted your shows went so well and the orders had C & C busy, well done.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lucky to have had yesterday off work and to manage to watch both of your shows, really enjoyed your demos and can't wait for my orders to arrive. This card is stunning , thank you so much for sharing and thanks to Nigel for picking my name out of the cup. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Phill, so pleased that your shows were a success. Can't wait for my order to arrive. Your sample cards were divine. Lol lynne m x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card. Really enjoyed your shows and will be looking out for you in April.

    ReplyDelete