What's New

My Brand New Sentimentally Yours 2017 Xmas Stencils are now available at www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk!

Thursday 13 March 2014

Life is beautiful...

Good Morning Everyone

It's a nippy one too! so I've mashed a cuppa and thought I'd pop this card on that was one of my samples on Create & Craft.
I've had lot's of people ask me to put the photos on my Blog so I will :-)

This card features a sentiment from my Sentimentally Yours Stamps and this set will be on C and C on my next shows (I'll confirm the dates as soon as I can)

Here's a photo of the card

Here's what I used
1 6x6 white card blank
Vintage pink seam binding ribbon
Couture Creations Great Almanzo embossing folder
Cosmic Shimmer Clover ink mist

I love this card, lot's of inky fun, but still quite a pretty finish and it's easy to do!
You can see how I've assembled the card from the photo, so I'll just tell you what I did on which layer :-)
There is a plain white layer on the card blank, the second layer has been misted with my Clover Ink Mist, then another white layer (no edges inked on the white layers to give it a clear seperation), the next layer has been stamped with my perfect medium using my Tiny Little Ink Splats stamp, then embossed with the Pink Speckle embossing powder, I then distressed all over the top with victorian velvet and wiped the ink off the embossed areas. 
The next layer has been given a beautiful edge using the scalloped borders 2 dies, this was then embossed up to where the scalloped border starts. (I did very lightly ink the edges of this layer) 
The dies were cut from my inking card and the base die given the distressed edge treatment :-)
The top die was glittered all around the edge.
The sentiment was stamped with the Victorian Velvet distress ink onto my inking card and cut out, then distressed around the edges and glittered.
TOP TIP - You'll see me distressing most of my sentiments and if you look closely, I always leave the middle bit clear, this draws the eye to the words of the sentiment :-) You can see on my sentiment on this photo that I have put more ink on the left and right to achieve this effect.


Hope you like it
:-)

Happy Crafting!







12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Mr Phill. Love it and Victorian Velvet is my favourite distress ink colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card love the victorian velvet,beautiful dies and gorgeous bow
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. Will have to give it a go with faded jeans as it is my go to colour. Lol lynne m x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this phill when I saw you demo it its very pretty thank you for sharing love June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card. I didn't notice the glitter until you'd pointed it out. I like the subtlety of it. It's also nice to see a pretty, uncluttered bow. Thank you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Phill - my stamps arrived this morning and I am totally impressed with them!! The sentiments are beautiful so I will be having a little play very soon. I will have to have a go at a card like yours although must be in purple (yummy).

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    (Carlton, Nottm)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Phill
    Such an elegant and beautiful card I will be trying this one most definitely. You really are such an inspiration.
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card, are you at NEC next week?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Phill. I'm definitely interested in this range. Are they available from Honey Pott. Lots of love, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. I love this card. Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Phil! Good to see you back on C&C x

    ReplyDelete