What's New

My Brand New Sentimentally Yours 2017 Xmas Stencils are now available at www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk!

Monday 28 March 2016

Decadent Denim Featuring the New Timleless Collection Stamps

Good Afternoon Everyone,

It has been a while since the blog has been updated, as you are all aware Phill has been very busy not only designing new products for us all but also preparing for the opening of his NEW SHOP in Sheffield, which is opening on 17th April.

Phill has also had quite a few shows on Hochanda recently which means that I have been busy designing sample cards for his demonstrations.

Well on with today's card which features the first card Phill demonstrated on his show for the Launch of the New Timeless Collection Stamps.


Products used:- which are all available on Phills website:-
www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk


White Card Stock
Timeless Corner Sentiment Stamps A5
Timeless Small Square Frame Stamp A6
Decadent Denim Gilding Wax
Decadent Denim Pearl P.V.A. Glue
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
Perfect Medium
Bright Gold Embossing Powder
Creative Expressions Dazzler
Sue Wilson Embossing Folder - Tartan Trellis
Sue Wilson Dies - New York Collection Herald Square
Sue Wilson Dies -  Delicate Fronds
Sue Wilson Dies - Orange Blossom Open Petals


Card Front 

Using plain white card stock I cut the layers as follows

1st layer 8 x 7
2nd layer 7.75 x 6.75
3rd layer 7.5 x 6.5
4th layer 7.5 x 2.5
5th layer 7.25 x 2.25

Taking the 2nd layer I used  Decadent Denim Gilding Wax around the edges then attached to the 1st layer using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.

Next with the 3rd layer I stamped the corners of the card using gold embossing powder and a sentiment from the Corner Stamps. I then embossed this using the Tartan Trellis embossing folder, and attached to the card.

For the panel I edged around the largest piece with Gilding Wax, then embossed the smallest one and attached both to the card.


Sentiment

Using the Herald Square Die I cut this out in plain white card.

I chose the 'With Best Wishes' stamp and heat embossed using the gold embossing powder.
I then attached this to the panel using pads to give dimension.

Finishing Touches

I cut out the fronds and petals from scraps of white card
(nothing gets wasted) then shaped and attached to the sentiment.
Finally I used Decadent Denim Pearl P.V.A. on the fronds  and added a dazzler to the centre of each flower.

                                                 Happy Crafting


13 comments:

  1. I'm a recent convert to Sentimentally Yours and love everything. I'm really happy to see a recipe and ingredients for card making as the shows on tv go by so quickly! Lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Does Phill make the cards himself. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I love the blue and white. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh Barbara !! this is beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see some new inspiration on the blog. Have been missing you and love the combination of rectangle and square. Good to see some blue too. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Really like the Denim colour. Have caught up with the earlier shows now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barb what a gorgeous card and the design is wonderful.
    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}


    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, really beautiful.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Barb, lovely to have you back and of course understand that you have all been busy. I am loving this card because I could not get to see any of the shows so your instructions are wonderful, it is so nice to have the layer measurements as well, as we often see some card with instructions of what is used and then only the final measurement of the card not the layering so I thank you so much for this. Now to have a look in my die collection to see if I have any of these and then have a play. Thank you once again Barb.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back barb yes you must be so busy loved phill a shows stunning cards thank you for sharing love always June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all so much for your very kind comments and messages. I'm sorry I am unable to answer you all personally, but rest assured all your comments are read and appreciated. I am delighted to bring inspiration to you all..... Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Phil - I just love it. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Phil - I just love it. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete