What's New

My Brand New Sentimentally Yours 2017 Xmas Stencils are now available at www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk!

Thursday 11 February 2016

Blue & White - Featuring the Retirement Verse Collection Stamps

Good Morning Everyone,

Once again a very big thank you to all of you who have taken the time to comment and message me on my previous blog.

Last Monday I posted a card on the blog and was asked to make a 'Retirement' card based on the same design.

Today I would like to share my creation with you, to show how different variations can be created using the same products but with a few changes.

All the products used to create this card are available on Phill's website:-

www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk

A4 White Card Blank
Royal Blue Card Stock
White Card Stock
Sentimentally Yours Retirement Verse Collection A5 Stamps Set
Decadent Denim Colour Cloud Blending Inks
Silver Embossing Powder
Glossy Accents
Dazzlers
Creative Expressions Pearl Strips
Sue Wilson Dies - Austrian Collection - Innsbruck
Sue Wilson Canadian Corner Border & Tag Dies
Sue Wilson Peony Complete Petals/ Open Petals
Sue Wilson Laurel Leaves
Sue Wilson Embossing Folder Lattice Hearts
Glamour Dust
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue


This is what I did:-

The measurements for this  are exactly the same as the one I posted on Monday.

Sentiment

Using the 2 largest dies from the Austrian Innsbruck dies I cut this out using White Card and backed it with Blue Card.

I chose a Verse from the Retirement Verse Collection Stamps and heat embossed using Silver Embossing Powder.

I then attached this to the card using pads to give dimension.

Flowers
The flowers are the same as previous blog




Finishing Touches

I added a butterfly to this card (instead of the dragonfly) which I cut out using Blue Card Stock, I then used Glossy Accent on the wings and edged them with glamour dust.

Finally I added 2 hearts to the top corners again cutting them out in blue card and using glossy accents to give dimension.

I hope you like this card and can see what a difference a few alterations can make.

                                                         Happy Crafting
   





                                    

                                         













38 comments:

  1. Lovely, Barb. And here I am in Nottingham with friends, having been to Strictly last night, and keeping fingers crossed that they won't mind too much if I come to the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they won't mind Sandra, go and introduce yourself, have fun xx

      Delete
  2. Stunning barb I love it thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Barb and Phill, wow you have done it again, what a stunning card, love it. Must have a go at this one.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Barb and Phill,
    What a gorgeous card that you have made Barb and i can make my own version of it as i don't have all the components that you have used but i can improvise with what i have and that is what improvising and inspiration is all about, making something your own. I am a white card girl but i do like a pop of colour in cards sometimes when it's not too much in your face if you know what i mean and this beauty this morning is just what suits me down to the ground. Thank you Barb for your wonderful creation and Phill for letting us see Barb's wonderful work. Have a good day
    crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil Village)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norah, so pleased you like my card and that you are able to use it to make it your own. Sharing,and giving Inspiration to others is what crafting is all about. Xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card. Definitely an idea to 'pinch' !!!! Thanks for the inspiration. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stella feel free to 'pinch' lol only too pleased to give inspiration to others xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Barb, A beautiful card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barb A gorgeous card love the colour must try this one thank you for giving us inspiration .Jeanie.e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie, have fun trying this one, and I'm very happy to share xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Barb. Both cards lovely but I think the blue colourways is very striking. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Barb, love the colours....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, love those colours. They really make the card stand out-perfect.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Think about adjusting your Millionaires Blueprint personal thought process and giving others who may read this the benefit of the doubt. a lot lately with my father so hopefully this will get him to see my point of view. For more ==== >>>>>> http://brainammoadvice.com/millionaires-blueprint-scam/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Barb and Phill, I really like the way you have adjusted this to suit the occasion, and the sentiment is just right.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it barb thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. burried in the searches like Genius X that. By the way I am going to save this web site to my favorites. Pretty superior post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading.For more ==== >>>>>> http://eremaxfuncionabr.com/genius-x-farsa-ou-falso/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Phill and Barb. Stunning card. I have just added a Wedding card to my blog using one of the new dies. So easy to cut out too. Love them all. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita, I knew you wouldn't be disappointed with the dies xx

      Delete
  17. some plans for the future and it Neuro NZT is time to be happy. Ive read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. For more ==== >>>>>> http://ultimatemuscleblackeditionrev.com/neuro-nzt/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Appreciate it! Hi! Nice post. Black Core Edge I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something.For more ==== >>>>>> http://www.healthsupreviews.com/black-core-edge/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your site is awesome! I found it Super Brain on Bing and couldn't resist reading it. You have some good information here. Thanks for posting! TY, great post! Just what I had to know. I'm getting a touch difficulty.For more ==== >>>>>> http://ultimatemuscleblackeditionrev.com/super-brain/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for posting this Virtnext informative article. Although, Every dark cloud has a silver lining. Your place is valueble for me and my seotons. Thanks! Thats excellent and very nicely written.For more ==== >>>>>> http://brainammoadvice.com/virtnext-scam-or-fake/

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very beautiful card! The royal blue really pops on the white. Thanks for sharing your design, I appreciate the inspiration so much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I look forward to hearing from Zulander Hack you! Fantastic blog by the way! Wow, this is a cool article and great look and feel as well. I love your web publication..very nice colors & theme. For more ==== >>>>>> http://nitroshredadvice.com/zulander-hack-scam-app/

    ReplyDelete