What's New

My Brand New Sentimentally Yours 2017 Xmas Stencils are now available at www.honeypotcrafts.co.uk!

Saturday 20 June 2015

It all starts with,... plain white cardstock!

Good Afternoon Everyone

It's just started to rain (again), so, I've mashed myself a cuppa and thought I'd shock you all by writing a blog post :-)

If I'm honest, it's this weeks class project that has reminded me "I should use my blog more", as I absolutely loved making this card,.. so much so, that I made the same card in 3 different colour ways (Denim version is still drying at the shop... those pesky Pearl PVA glues,.. making me wait for drying time) ha ha

So, as you'd expect from me,. I start with plain white cardstock, then I decide which of my lovely Cosmic Shimmer sets to 'play' with, then it all goes from there,..

I always have a 'vague idea' of what I want to achieve, but (as most of us do), I change those ideas as I go!

I decided on Chic Pumpkin.. which is a lovely, burnt orange colour..

Here's what I used:

White Cardstock :-)
Decadent Damask Inspirational Phrases Stamp Set by, erm, me lol
Chic Pumpkin Ink Mister
Chic Pumpkin Gilding Wax
Chic Pumpkin Twinkles
Delicate Daisies Dies by Sue
French Collection Corner, Border and Tag Die Set by Sue
A4 Wild Roses Embossing Folder
St Kitts Die Set by Sue

And here's what I did:

This is an 8x8 card.
I cut two layers for the base of this card (one 19.5cm square, which I then pierced all the way around, then another, 18.5cm square, which I gave a light'ish misting with the Chic Pumpkin Ink Mister)

The narrowest piece of white card that was left over from the 19.5cm piece I cut was embossed with the beautiful Wild Roses embossing folder.

I cut two borders from the French Collection dies and these were stuck underneath the embossed piece and attached to the card using foam tape for dimension.

I cut the centre piece from the St Kitts die set, using the two larger dies together and then the larger die on its' own (this one was given the light'ish dusting of the Chic Pumpkin Ink Mister) and the two were stuck together with Cosmic Shimmer glue, I also cut the extra centre for the sentiment with the ST Kitts die set.

I stamped my sentiment from my lovely Damask Inspirational Phrases Stamp Set, using my Black Soot distress ink pad.

The edges of the sentiment area were inked using the Chic Pumpkin Ink Mister (just spray onto your craft sheet and pick some ink up with your Cut n Dry foam), this centre was attached to the topper with foam tape and the topper was attached to the card with a double layer of foam tape, for extra dimension.

The flowers were created using Sues' Delicate Daisies dies (complete petal), each flower was finished in the centre using the Chic Pumpkin Gilding Wax and a teeny drop of the Chic Pumpkin Twinkles.

I finished off by adding a couple of pearls using teh Chic Pumpkin Pearl PVA glue on the centre topper and on the four corners of the card.


I hope you like this card,.. I really enjoyed making it and, here's one of the other colour ways I did,..

This is the Decadent Bamboo version.. :-)



Happy Crafting!

Remember: you can 'Pin' any of these photos to your own Pinterest Boards (or Facebook etc),.. just hover your mouse over the photo's and it gives you little buttons with various options of places to share the photos etc 
:-)




13 comments:

  1. Thanks Phill, I loved making it too in your class this morning - going to try it in your Decadent Wine collection colour, should be gorgeous.
    Christine B

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful love the pumpkin will have to pop over to the shop on I pad wish I lift closer though x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phill your cards are gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Phil colours are beautiful. ...
    Luv Rach :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Phil, These cards are gorgeous, the spritzing is so effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Phillip
    Well I love the pumpkin but then how different it looks in the bamboo.
    I have both of these colours so will give it a try - also have the magenta (not the denim though) - so will see how different that looks!
    So nice to see a blog from you too!!!!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Phill,
    Absolutely beautiful cards in both colourways. Lovely to see a post from you. I have some of your products in lilac and imagine that it would look lovely in that colour too.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Phill really love this card must have a try at it. But then I am blown away by all your cards.
    Thank you for the inspiration
    Joan X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning... Love the chic pumpkin... Might just have to get me some!!! Wish I lived close enough for the classes..

    ReplyDelete
  11. these really are beautiful cards. love the way you colour match your products. makes life much easier for us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning cards Phil love the colour combos and the fabulous dies.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. phil your cards are the best love; keep up your stunning work only just found your site so will be looking at old and new posts your a real gentle man and a top people person i met you at Horwich a few weeks ago regards sally x

    ReplyDelete