Good Afternoon Everyone
I've got half an hour to spare so thought I'd write a post showing the details of how I made the Condolence card below...
The photo of the card has been on my Sentimentally Yours Facebook Page a few days and I've had a few people send me inbox messages asking how it was done so, here we are :)
I've used three stamps from my new Collection 2 Sentimentally Yours Stamps, that you can get on my website here:-
This is what I used:
- A6 Dandelion Whispers Stamp
- A6 Regency Deco Frame Stamp
- A5 Words of Comfort Verse Stamps
- 1" and Small Butterfly Punch
- Walnut Stain Distress Ink
- Adhesive Pearls
- Ivory with Brown Spots Organza Ribbon
- Martha Stewart Border Punch
- Glamour Dust
- Gold Stickles
- Feather and Flowers from my stash :)
This is what I did:
- Scored an A4 sheet of Ivory Card to an A5 card blank.
- Matted and layered with brown cardstock and Ivory cardstock, to leave a small border on each layer.
- Stamped the dandelion stamp with Walnut Stain distress ink, using 2nd generation stamping (ie, stamped once onto scrap paper then onto my cardstock)
- Distressed the edges of the dandelion cardstock with walnut stain distress ink, softly.
- Stamped the frame onto ivory cardstcok with walnut stain distress ink and cut out. (I have purposely designed the frame stamps to be easy to cut out)
- Stamped the condolence verse onto the frame, again with walnut stain.
- Glittered the edge of the frame with a quickie glue pen and glamour dust.
- Attached the dandelion cardstock to the brown layer.
- Punched both edges of a brown border with the Martha Stewart border punch and attach to the layered piece of brown and dandelion card.
- Stuck ribbon around the back of the layered cardstock with DS tape and attached the layers to the base card.
- Mounted the frame onto foam pads and attached to the right hand side of the card.
- Tied a triple bow and attached to the left side of the frame stamp.
- Decorated with flowers, pearls, the feather and finished off with a couple of punched butterflies (with gold tipped wings)
Hope you like it... I know Sympathy and Condolence cards are often difficult to make. I prefer to do them in Ivory and Brown tones as it feels a little 'warmer'.
You will notice a new 'Mailing List' bit at the top right of Blog page, please fill this in if you'd like to be kept in the loop about my Sentimentally Yours Stamps and what's happening at my shop :)