Well, it's been a busy old day, with one thing or another!
It's not long now until collection 3 (can you believe it!) of my Sentimentally Yours Stamps is released (but I will tell you more about that nearer the time) :-)
I can tell you that I will be at a few of the Craft Shows with them this year and, again, I will list them for you soon :)
Anyhoo, I wanted to show you another way in which you can use your distress inks.
As you know (surely by now) I love distress inks and love to make the most of them so, with this card, I have used them with a couple of butterfly punches in 2 different ways.
The first white layer, I punched out a mix of the butterflies, used low tack tape to stick them around the edge of the layer and then inked over them, with Faded Jeans first, then a touch of Frayed Burlap. (Save a couple of the inked over butterflies for decoration later) :-)
The second white layer, I used the negatives from the punched out shapes as stencils, to ink through, again with the same two colours.
Here's what I used:
- My Sentimentally Yours Inking Card (this is such a fabulous card that really helps with distress techniques)
- My Sentimentally Yours A5 Everyday Flourish Collection Stamps (great collection of mixed everyday sentiments in different shapes)
- My Sentimentally Yours A6 Butterfly Dance Background Stamp
- Faded Jeans and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink Pads
- 2 different sized butterfly punches
- Corner rounder punch
- Scrap of twine
And here's the card :)
Hope you like it!